1. Basic philosophy behind the policy
2. Handling of personal information
3. Scope of information collected
- Email addresses required for responding to inquiries on Q-PIT, or required for registering for courses and various events that we host.
- In the event that various types of inquiries are made using the e-mail address ending with “@jimu.kyushu-u.ac.jp”, when necessary entry of personal information may be required. Furthermore, the senders’ e-mail addresses are visible to the recipients.
4. Purpose for the use of personal information
- In order to inform users who have made inquiries with the appropriate information.
5. Management of personal information
The personal information provided to us will not be disclosed to any third parties with the exception of the following cases.
- When we have the permission of the user contacting us.
- When, within the scope necessary to achieve objectives that we have made clear to users, we commission the handling of personal information to an outsourced company with whom we have concluded a confidentiality agreement.
- When, for the purposes of statistical data, we process personal information in a state in which it is not possible to identify individuals (for example, to show the state of website accesses by age group, etc.).
- When we have to provide the information at the request of a public institution (such as the police or courts).
6. Protection of personal information in linked websites
Q-PIT cannot be responsible for the safety and security of personal information on other websites to which we provide links. With regard to the protection of personal information at linked sites, you are kindly requested to check for yourself the privacy policies of any sites you access through the links we provide.
7. To contact us
I²CNER・Q-PIT Office of Research Support Services (IQ-ORSS),
#202,International Institute for Carbon-Neutral
Energy Research(I2CNER) Research Building 2.
Ito Campus (Center Zone), Motooka 744, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka, 819-0395, JAPAN
TEL: +81-92-802-6671, 6644
e-mail: iq-somu★jimu.kyushu-u.ac.jp (※ Please replace ★ with @.)
The rights regarding copyrighted materials included in this page (https://q-pit.kyushu-u.ac.jp/en/) are protected based on the copyright law in Japan, and Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, Universal Copyright Convention, and municipal laws in other countries. These rights attribute to “Kyushu University Platform of Inter / Transdisciplinary Energy Research”.