＊The application period will be extended. 【Call】”Q-Energy Innovator Fellowship”for October 2021
The application deadline was 6/25 (Friday),but the application period will be extended.
More details will be announced soon.
“Q-Energy Innovator Fellowship”provides a research grant to excellent doctoral students in Kyushu University who are hopefuls of advancing science, technology and future innovation in Japan.This grant is created in line with the “University Fellowship Project for the Creation of Science and Technology Innovation” established by the Ministry of Science and Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. It offers combined support of funds; research expenses, and research support allowance which aims to free students from financial concerns and enables them to concentrate on their research.
Eligible Applicants should meet the following requirements (1) to (4).
(1) Graduate school students of Kyushu University as of October 1, 2021 who fall under or are expected to fall under;
i First year in doctoral course (less than 12 months) with a standard study period of three years
ii Third year in doctoral course ( between 24 and 36 months) with a standard study period of five years
iii Second year in doctoral course (between 12 and 24 months) with a standard study period of four years
* A leave of absence is not counted if it is six (6) months or more
(2) Under age 30 as of April 1, 2021 (under 33 for medical school students who have taken clinical trainings). If you are above the specified age for such reasons as childbirth or childcare, please state that in the form.
(3) Aspire to engage in decarbonization energy area and willing to work in line with the purpose of human resource development stated in Green Transformation Doctoral Program.
(4) Those who do not fall under any of the followings:
i. Recipient of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science’s Research Fellowship for Young Scientists
ii International student receiving scholarships via the Monbukagakusho Scholarship
iii International student receiving scholarships from their home country
iv Working student An individual who holds a job (an individual who is currently engaged in work for which he or she earns salary, wages, remuneration, or other ordinary income.) , An individual who has already retired from work for which he or she earns salary, wages, remuneration, or other ordinary income ,A stay-at-home mother or stay-at-home father.
v Receive scholarships and funds from other organizations and are not allowed to receive
financial support from the other organizations.
(1) Research Support grant: 2.4 million yen per year [200,000 yen per month]
(2) Research Expenses support (for research activities): up to 100,000 yen per year.
The fund which starts or stops in the middle of a month is calculated in accordance with the university rule.
The grant payment period is three years.
【Number of Applicants to be Accepted】
Q-Energy Fellowship: 6 (* This recruitment is for students who start in October 2021 and April 2021.)
(1) Application Deadline: 13:00 on June 25, 2021(Please check the application deadline set by your department.)
(2) Application Documents: Submit the following documents in data file through the administration office of your department.
a Q-Energy Fellowship Application Form [Word]
b Estimation of Research Expenses [Excel]
c Supervisor Recommendation Form [PDF]
d Eligibility Check Sheet [Excel]
e Published paper, master’s dissertation, etc. [PDF]
However “Supervisor Recommendation Form”-c, should be sent by a supervisor with signature in PDF format to Research Support and Public Relations Group, I2CNER / Q-PIT Research Support Service Office.
You can also download the form a~d.Application Guideline
I2CNER / Q-PIT Office Support Office of Research Service / Public Relations Group
email: firstname.lastname@example.org TEL: 90-6644, 7196
※Please check the application guidelines for details.